So recently I was interviewed by a dear friend and an amazing business partner, Alex Kuhn. I was really honored, but most impressed with his motivational style of interviewing. He lead the discussion very casually and got some great information about the steps and processes it took for me, and my co-guests, to get our businesses off the ground.
Please take the time to listen to this very personal story of my own journey into consulting. Then listen to some of his other guests to hear their own unique journeys into business. You may be able to hear some correlations to your own start up venture. I’m sure you can pick up a few choice advice that’ll help you in your own journey.
Let me know what you think and please leave a comment, rate the show, and share it with anyone else you think can benefit.
DAMIEN WILPITZ: YOUR BUSINESS & CREATIVITY IS ROOTED IN SCIENCE
“If you want to be the greatest, you have to be around the greatest.”
– Damien Wilpitz
Damien’s Self-Made Journey
Damien is the perfect balance of being book smart, and yet, is able to understand the emotional side of a person. He is the founder of Experimental Designs Consulting, where his passion is consulting with academic research centers to help them better utilize their resources. Despite having the opportunity to make more in pharmaceutical consulting, he chooses to work in academia due to his core belief that science where the truth is discovered that allows major breakthroughs to occur. His passion for seeing others live a healthy lifestyle and his story to fulfill his entrepreneurial journey was not easy.
- Despite having everything he could ever ask for in San Diego, his gut told him that to truly be happy, he needed to move to Boston.
- Why did Damien blaze a new trail and start a consulting practice no one else would dare touch?
- Why did Damien keep going despite struggling the first 3 years in business?
- Why being “Fat” was critical to human survival?
What You Will Learn?
- How being “efficient” will hurt your ability to be creative.
- How to manage creative individuals.
- How market research and science discovery do not always go hand-in-hand and what to do about it
- The key to your business is measurements and how to begin this process.
- No matter what business you are in, you have to be willing to network.
Links From Show
- Experimental Designs Consulting (http://www.experimental-designs.com/)
- Damien Wilpitz LinkedIn
- Recommended Reading: Start With Why by Simon Sinek
The “Self-Made” Entrepreneur
I HIGHLY recommend joining Pre-Launch. If you can’t, sign-up to see how “Self-Made” will transform your passion, business, & life!Tags: alex kuhn, business, challenges, communication, consulting, damien wilpitz, inspirational, lab management, lab manager, leadership, motivation, opportunity, processes, science, social, start up